Moulds are the reason for threat and risk to one’s life. They can grow on the walls, ceilings, mattress, or any damp area. Humid environment, sweat, and wet stains of any liquid due to which mattress remains wet for long can be the reason of mould growth on your mattress. Having a mould infestation on your mattress can lead to serious health hazards. To save yourself from these situations you have to keep checking for this. The human body perspires while sleeping to cool itself down which in turn leads to the growth of mould and microbes. To stop their spread you can try DIY cleaning methods or contact our professional mattress cleaner for the best results.
Types of stains that can develop as moulds:
One night urine accident can be enough for moulds to prosper, it can be of a human or animal. But the defect is equally disastrous if left untreated. You cannot leave it to dry like this only or else the mattress would be a victim to moulds and microbes. You should not lose hope and give a try to remove the mattress stain quickly as you notice it.
- Mix equal amounts of water and white vinegar in a spray bottle.
- A dry and clean rag can work to blot the excess liquid from the stain.
- Try to soak as much liquid as you can from the pee stain.
- Then, spray the mixture on the affected area and sprinkle baking soda followed to it.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and then vacuum the spot.
- If you still find the stain, you can repeat the above steps.
Moulds need a certain temperature, food, and water to grow which is easily obtained by the sweat released by humans on the mattress. Food on which these microbes feed is the dead skin of humans. So, all in all, you provide all optimum conditions in your rooms and on your mattresses to make the mould growth feasible. Fresh stains are wet and dried stains get yellow with time.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide, water, and liquid detergent in a spray bottle and shake them well.
- If the stains are wet and fresh, then try to blot them with dry rags or tissues.
- Spray the mixture on the spot or stain and let it sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Blot out the excess moisture but do not rub it or else it may penetrate deeper into the mattress.
- If there is a musty odour then you can sprinkle baking soda and allow it to sit for 24 hours.
- Vacuum the stains after 24 hours and repeat the process if needed.
If you have a bloodstain on your mattress then try avoiding warm or hot water to clean it or else it may turn the situation worse. Always use cold water for eradicating bloodstains. Blood has proteins in it and it reacts with water so you have to be very alert while treating this stain. These stains are also the major cause of moulds.
- Mix 1:1 ratio of water and white vinegar in a spray bottle.
- A dry and clean rag or a stack of tissues should be used to blot the excess liquid from the stain.
- Try to blot as much liquid you can from the bloodstain.
- Then spray the mixture on the spotted area and sprinkle baking soda on it.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes and try to soak it as much as possible with the help of a vacuum from the mattress.
- Avoid rubbing it to stop the liquid to enter deeper into the mattress.
- If you still find the stain, you can repeat the procedure.
We Can Do Perfect Cleaning For You
The above listed are effective measures that work for various stains which can potentially develop mould if not taken care of on time. You can also try mattress protectors that are available in the market to create a shield on your mattress. Still, if things don’t work professionals like us should be your first choice to prefer. Deluxe Mattress Cleaning is known for offering the best mattress stain removal services for decades. We have trained and efficient mattress cleaners to provide you with the most effective and expected results to remove all types of stubborn stains from your mattress. You can call us 24*7 for serving you most effectively and at a very affordable price.