Accidents can happen all of a sudden. You never know when an accident takes place. Even your mattresses can face a lot of problems due to these accidents. As soon as you realize there is an accident on the mattress, your heart sinks. Whether you have kids around or if you like sleeping with your dogs, you can never prevent accidents in such cases. But you can sense a weird smell coming out of your mattresses. Yes, you are right. By now, you might have understood that we are talking about urine. Be it a pet or a child, urine stains on the mattress are very common.
The last thing you want to do after a hectic day is scrubbing and trying to remove weeks of pee stains from your mattress. So, the main question is how to remove the urine stains from the mattress? We can assure you that cleaning a urine stain is not so difficult and complicated.
In this blog, you will get to know how to clean a urine stain from your mattress. That too, in easy and simple methods by following some tricks approved by our professionals.
Remove urine stains from the mattress using these simple steps:
Here we have listed six steps that will help you remove the urine stains without any stress and effort. For this, you will need some ingredients available at your home.
1) Take out your bedding: First and foremost thing before doing anything else is to remove the bedding from your mattress. Remove it and get it to your washing machine as quickly as possible. This should be done quickly because urine stains are set and then it becomes difficult to clean. Even after the wash if the stain stays or the smell lingers, add some vinegar and wash again.
2) Blot the stain: Take a clean, dry towel or a napkin and start blotting the stain. Bloating helps in soaking as much liquid as possible. But remember, never scrub or rub into the stain. This can make the urine go deeper into the fibres of the mattress and then it may become difficult to clean. It can even make the fibres dirty and damage them.
3) Spray vinegar solution- Make a solution of water and vinegar by mixing one part of vinegar with two parts of cold water. Mix in a small amount of laundry detergent in this solution. Now, transfer this solution into a spray bottle. Spray this solution over the stain generously, do not be afraid to soak it completely.
4) Let the solution seep in- Here, you need to let the vinegar solution completely seep into the fibres of the mattress. As urine stains enter the deeper areas of the mattress, we need to give some time to the vinegar too, to get deeper into the mattress. Let the vinegar solution soaked mattress sit for about 12 to 15 minutes. Now, blot it with a clean towel or napkin. Make sure it soaks up the excess liquid.
5) Use baking soda- Cover the entire area of the urine stain with baking soda. Spread the baking soda in generous amounts all over the satin. Let it sit for at least 9-10 hours with the baking soda. Ensure that this mattress is kept away from your kids or pets.
6) Vacuum Cleaning: After 10 hours, vacuum up the whole mattress using a hose attachment for your vacuum cleaner. But, before you vacuum, make sure the baking soda has completely dried out, or else you would not be able to vacuum it and your vacuum cleaner can get damaged. Clean up the powder completely and you will get a fresh and clean mattress.
After finishing all these steps, inspect the mattress carefully. Look out for any stain marks or smells. If you think your mattress still has urine stains or a weird smell, then repeat these steps as per your necessity. If so, you would have to repeat just the last four steps.
What You Can Do? If You Feel The Need Of Experts!
Knowing how to clean your mattress is very important. Because the mattress is the place where you spend most of your time. However, not everyone has the time and energy to clean the mattresses. But you need not worry about it, we are here to help you out and solve your problems. Our agency, Deluxe Mattress Cleaning has years of experience in this field. Thus, we can solve any kind of mattress problem within a few hours. Our professionals are highly qualified to provide mattress stain removal services at reasonable rates.