Allergies, infections, rashes, and irritations are the most feared effects your mattress can give you. Keeping a clean mattress is necessary but decontaminating it is also necessary. Mattresses often receive occasional and accidental spills and dropping over it. The materials of these spills and droppings can cause allergens to breed and multiply in your mattress. So the use of anti-allergen is very much compulsory for mattresses.
Anti-allergens of various qualities with different spraying schedules are available in the market. Regular sprays to be sprayed regularly can be easily bought. Sprays to be used after steam cleaning is also available. But a pre-spray can be of greater help.
Pre-spray of various qualities are available in the market. These are hypoallergenic products which are safe for use. Before using such products, ensure the following features of the spray –
- Check whether the spray is environment-friendly or not. It should not contain chemicals, additives or solvents which can be harmful to skin or body.
- Whether it is made out of renewable plant extracts or not. The spray should be natural to the greatest extent.
- The spray should be non-toxic for human animals and plants.
- Check the pH value of the spray. It should not exceed 10.
- The pre-spray must be non-detergent by nature.
Once you confirm the above qualities in your spray, you are ready for your pre-spray task. As the name suggests, pre-spray is to be done before you start cleaning your mattress.
Procedure for pre-spraying your mattress is as follows:
- Wear skin gloves to prevent your hand getting affected with contaminants from your mattress.
- Mix the pre-spray with water at the ratio mentioned by the manufacturer.
- Use your vacuum cleaner once all over the surface of the mattress. Remember to vacuum both the sides.
- Mix the pre-spray solution with a hand spray all over the mattress. Spray it thoroughly on both the sides of the mattress.
- Leave the spray to be absorbed by the mattress for 5-10 minutes. Follow the duration mentioned on the tag of the spray by the manufacturer.
- After letting it be absorbed by the mattress, spray another round of pre-spray mildly over the surface of the carpet.
- Using a brush or rake, gently scrub the surface of the mattress.
- After scrubbing again leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Then gently blob the stained areas with water by your hand.
- Using a clean cotton cloth, wipe off the surface of the mattress and get prepared for your cleaning session.
Although pre-spray is effective only before mattress cleaning it is advisable to use it often to avoid allergies. Pre-spray generally agitates dust and dirt particles over the surface of the mattress. This helps in their removal during the cleaning process. At the time when it is left for 5-10 minutes of soaking, it spreads in the layers of the mattress. By spreading it kills virus, bacteria, and allergens in the mattress. This makes pre-spraying your mattress with anti-allergen a wise and nice decision.
Put a Cover on the Mattress to Avoid the Allergens Growth
To avoid the growth of the allergens we can put a cover on the mattress. This will be helpful as the covers can be easily washed by you and the cleanliness of the mattress will be maintained. The dirt will not get into the direct contact of the mattress and they will remain on the covers. You can book for the mattress cleaning service from Deluxe Mattress Cleaning. The service will be executed by the Local Mattress Cleaning Melbourne team.
Best Mattress Cleaning Services
We always rely on our mattress to gives us comfort throughout the night. It is the space where we spend most of our time while at home. The bed mattress puts us into a relaxation mode. It serves as the best place to escape from the world. Since we spend most of our time on it, it is essential to take good care of it. No matter how much you take care, the chances of your mattress getting dirty are quite high. It can become a breeding ground for germs and bacteria. It is best to take the help of a professional, rather than doing it yourself. Doing on your own can clean it to some extent. But in order to get rid of all the stains and germs, you must take the help of an expert.
Still in doubt who to call? We are there to help you out. Deluxe Mattress Cleaning is one of the well-known companies dealing with cleaning related services. They can make your mattress as clean as new. The best part is they do not charge very high amount. You just need a few dollars to solve all your cleaning related problems. The professionals have in-depth knowledge and skills to carry out the cleaning procedure efficiently. They will not only clean your mattress but also sanitize it.
Give them a call right away and make your mattresses clean forever.