People usually spend more time on the mattress at their home. So it is really very significant to clean your mattress regularly. Cleaning the mattress is very important in the sense, cleaning the mattress helps you to stay away from the allergens, dirt present in the mattress and infections caused due to that dirt. If there are pets and kids in your home, then it is even more important for you to keep your mattress clean.
You should clean the spills of pet and kids as soon as possible. In order to maintain the hygiene of your kids and pets, you need to clean the mattress regularly in a proper way.
Here are a few methods to clean the mattress in a simple but effective way apart from those regular cleaning techniques,
- You need to clean the food items spills and wets created by your pets and kids immediately. You should clean as soon as possible to maintain the hygiene. Mattress Cleaning is not a very hard task to do; it can be done with basic cleaning solutions in a simple and easy way. So cleaning the mattress can be done easily and should be done regularly.
- Before you start cleaning the mattress you will have to remove all the pillow covers, bedspreads, toys and other items on the bed. Keep the pillow covers, and other items in another place away from the cleaning area.
- After removing the pillow covers and other materials on the bed, there is a need to remove the covers that you have used to cover the bed as well. Once all the things are removed from the bed, you can start using hot water and dryer to kill the dirt and bacteria present on the mattress.
- You can also make use of a vacuum cleaner to clean the mattress. Vacuuming helps you to remove all the dirt, dust, hairs and other things that are present on the Mattress. Using a vacuum cleaner with a wide brush at the top will be more effective and helpful. Before starting the cleaning processes with vacuum cleaner make sure the nozzle and attachment brush is completely cleaned.
- In case of food spills, use a cloth and a mild detergent solution to clean the stain. Do not pour the solution on the stained area, all you need to do is tap the cloth dipped in the detergent solution. Blot the excess liquid that you pour on the area.
- Mix two spoons of hydrogen peroxide and one spoon of liquid dish soap to clean the stains. You can use a toothbrush to tap the stains and clean them completely. You can make use of baking soda to clean the stains. Let the baking soda solution dry for about thirty minutes and then wipe it off with a cloth.
- In case of the conventional mattress where you can flip the mattress both the sides, try to flip the mattress and use. You can also use mattress protector or mattress pads to keep them clean. Vacuum the mattress once again at last.